The smart farming group aims at the development and exploitation of technology in primary production to produce high quality products in a sustainable way. To reach this goal, sensor technology is combined with mathematical and statistical modeling tools and mechatronic design.
- Crops – Clever robots for crops
- Pneumatic thinning of pear
- Combine harvester mechatronics
- Data-based monitoring of cow health and reproduction status
- Early Warning System for improvement of the welfare and performance of individual fattening pigs.
- Bridging the gap between particle and bulk properties of biomass crops
- Optimization of biomass compression
- Finite Element Modelling of biomass compression in a large square baler